The Carolina Panthers Training Camp is a unique opportunity to watch a professional football team up close, and it should be on every Spartanburg family’s bucket list! After a two-year absence from the training facility at Wofford, the Carolina Panthers are back in Spartanburg.
We’ve got all the info you’ll need if you plan on going to watch the Carolina Panthers train at Wofford this year!
This article includes:
How to Attend Panthers Training Camp in Spartanburg, SC
Things to Do in Spartanburg During Training Camp
How to Get a Panthers Autograph
“Back Together” Free Panthers Fan Event in Spartanburg, SC
See the Panthers in Charlotte, NC at Fan Fest
Carolina Panthers Training Camp In Spartanburg, SC
The 2023 Carolina Panthers’ Training Camp will be held July 22nd – August 10th, 2023
When Carolina Panthers Training Camp roars into Wofford College in Spartanburg, fans of professional football should be sure to head to this beautiful campus to watch!
Whether you have multiple trips under your belt or are visiting for the first time, this information will be handy to help you make the most of a day watching the Carolina Panthers Train.
What to Expect at a Carolina Panthers Training Session
Not sure what to expect? Here’s a video of a 2021 practice session.
2023 Carolina Panthers Training Camp Schedule
Most training sessions are at 10:15 am but see the schedule below. Attendance is completely free, but NEW this year, you will need to reserve your free Panthers training tickets on Ticket Master.
There is a great parking map available on the Panthers Training Camp site.
The free Carolina Panthers’ training schedule is as follows:
- July 26th, 2023 at 10:15 am
- July 27th, 2023 at 10:15 am
- July 31st, 2023 at 10:25 am
- August 1st, 2023 at 10:15 am
- August 4th, 2023 at 10:15 am
- August 5th, 2023 at 10:15 am
- August 6th, 2023 at 10:15 am
- August 8th, 2023 at 10:15 am
- August 9th, 2023 at 10:15 am (Joint Practice with the New York Jets)
- August 20th, 2023 at 9 am (Joint Practice with the New York Jets)
There are two events not happening at Wofford Field. These are: July 29th, 2023 at 11 am (Back Together Saturday at Gibbs Field) and August 2nd, 2023 at 7 pm (Fan Fest Charlotte, NC- tickets are $5)
Attending The Carolina Panthers’ Training Session in Spartanburg, SC
Seating is first come – first serve along the grassy hillside of the training practice field at the back of the campus. Strollers, coolers, and non-alcoholic beverages are welcome at the training camps, as well as sunshade umbrellas and folding chairs. Pop-up tents are not permitted.
In the event of inclement weather, practice times may be shifted or canceled. Updates for training camp status will be posted by the Panthers on Twitter.
Can I bring food to the Panthers Training Camp?
Yes! Coolers are allowed, with food and non-alcoholic beverages. No glass is permitted for safety reasons. You can also bring backpacks and bags, strollers, blankets, folding chairs, etc.
Visiting Spartanburg, SC for Training Camp
Fans of the Panthers will be visiting Spartanburg, some for the first time. The training camps are just a few hours in the morning, so that leaves the rest of the day to explore!
Guest Itinerary for Spartanburg Visitors to Carolina Panther Training Camp
Here are a few great things to do from Kidding Around Spartanburg:
- Visit the Panthers themed Play 60 Park where kids can train like the pros. FREE
- Summer equals kids wanting to splash around in the water, and who can blame them? Luckily Spartanburg has several splash pads and a waterpark to enjoy while you are visiting Spartanburg!
- Grab the family, and hit the road, grabbing breakfast from a local coffee shop on the way to your chosen splash spot. Enjoy the sounds of kids laughing and having fun!
- When lunchtime hits, you can grab another perennial summer favorite! We’ve got a list of local places where readers love to grab a hot dog, and then you can return to the splashing!
- A long day in the sun will make everyone tired, so why not grab a family meal of BBQ to eat at the place where you are staying. If everyone has the energy and room in their bellies, you can treat the family to a frozen dessert at a local favorite!
Where to Stay in Spartanburg, SC
Getting An Autograph From A Carolina Panther
Autographs are back this year! Fans will be hopefully able to get an autograph after practices are over. Look for the signs that will direct you to the area along the Field 1 fence. All players don’t necessarily stop there but there is certainly the potential for players to stop and sign autographs for fans.
Attending The Carolina Panthers’ Fan Fest in Charlotte, NC
Here is the schedule:
5:30 pm Gates Open
6 pm Entertainment Begins
7 pm Practice Begins
~9:15 pm Fireworks and laser show
Carolina Panthers Training Camp News
- The Carolina Panthers have launched an app to help fans keep up do date and informed of all the things going on with the team.
- Head Coach Frank Reich will take part in the training camp practices at Wofford this summer.
- Rookie Quarterback first overall pick Bryce Young will also be at training camp, giving fans an early chance to likely see a new leader in action.
For more fun to be found when visiting the Carolina Panthers hometown, Check out the Kidding Around Ultimate Guide To Fun With Kids in Charlotte