Looking for an amazing drive-thru light display? Holiday Lights on the River in Columbia, SC may be just what you are looking for. This display features millions of lights along the 3-mile route, with themed sections of the display, lots of animation and family activities like a winter tube slide, hayride and Santa! Here’s everything you need to know about Holiday Lights on the River in Columbia, SC.
Holiday Lights on the River: The Details
The three miles of holiday lights that make up Holiday Lights on the River, make this display one of the largest in the Midlands of South Carolina and well worth the drive from the Upstate. You’ll find creatively themed sections of the display that make this drive-through light experience unique including sports-themed lights to enjoy, plus dinosaurs, trains, fairytales, snowy trees, and armed services.
Here’s a little sneak peek at what you’ll see at Holiday Lights on the River:
It was by far the best drive through display I’ve seen. Lots of movement and animation.Jen H.
- Holiday Lights on the River runs from November 23rd through December 31st, 2023.
- Hours are 6 pm to 10 pm
- Go early, and plan to wait in line, especially on the weekends
- The cost is $25 per car / $50 per 12-15 passenger van / $75 for 15+ passenger vans
- Your ticket includes the additional activities
Activities at Holiday Lights on the River
Admission to Holiday Lights on the River includes several activities you can stop and enjoy. However, if you choose not to stop, the lights themselves are still well worth the admission fee.
- Winter Wonderland tube slide
- Laser light show
- Letter writing station to Santa
- Santa visits November 24th and 25th, December 1st and 2nd, December 8th and 9th, and December 15th though the 23rd, 2023. Photo packages are an additional cost.
Want to See Holiday Lights on the River?
Holiday Lights on the River
Saluda Shoals Park
6071 St. Andrews Road
Admission: $25 per car, $50 per 12-15 passenger van and limos, $75 per bus, plus a 3% fee for credit cards.
Ready for more Christmas Lights Near Columbia?
We have a whole list for you! Really, we did all the work and now you can choose from over 15 Christmas and holiday light displays near Columbia, SC. Our list includes more drive-thru displays, plus free displays, lights you can walk through, and lots more!
Want to visit another of the South’s fabulous Christmas Towns? Here are the Best Christmas Towns of the South.